How to get to Warsaw and get around Warsaw?
- Getting to Warsaw
- Getting around Warsaw
- Other things good to know
- Free walking tours
- Free tour Warsaw
While in Warsaw, why not:
- watch the infamous voice-over on Polish TV (remember there is no voice-over in the cinemas!)
- visit University of Warsaw Library Garden – one of the largest roof-top gardens in Europe
- walk along Krakowskie Przedmieście Avenue
- admire Warsaw panorama from the viewing terrace on the 30th floor of the iconic Palace of Culture and Science or, if you fancy heights, go even higher and get a cocktail on 40th floor at Panorama Sky Bar
- find one of many Chopin benches scattered around Warsaw, press a button and listen to the bench playing one of Chopin’s famous tunes. If you’re staying until Sunday, don’t miss open air Chopin concert in the Łazienki Royal Park at 12 noon and 4 pm. Or just go there to see the lovely park and palace and to feed the squirrels.
- go back in time to pre-WWII and communist Warsaw on a tour in a classic Nysa 522 car
- see works of modern art in Zachęta – National Gallery of Art or Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art
- explore exhibitions and planetarium in the Copernicus Science Centre, just round the corner from the conference venue
- visit the magnificent Museum of the History of Polish Jews POLIN, the Warsaw Rising Museum or the Neon Museum
- take a walk along the Vistula River boulevards, just round the corner from the conference venue
- after having dinner at the foot of the Royal Castle, why not visit the castle itself?